Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hi everybody!  It's Dana from 3rd Grade Gridiron.  Welcome to Me and My Third Grade Gang!  Being a part of this great blog is an amazing opportunity!  It is absolutely incredible how teacher blogs offer fabulous resources and ideas as well as support each other.  I'm more than thrilled to be a part of that collaboration.


A little background info about me: 
- I live/work about 20 minutes outside of Atlanta. 
- This is my 8th year teaching (I taught 1st grade for six years; this is my second year teaching 3rd grade)
- I started blogging a little less than a year ago (besides the children, blogging has renewed my love and passion for teaching; the collaboration and support from other bloggers is unbelievable!)
- I'm an organization freak!  Everything must in the correct binder, basket, or drawer.  And not to mention everything is labeled.  My friends call it OCD.  I guess I'm ok with that.  :)

To help get us started, I want to share a back-to-school activity I created.  A coworker shared something similar with me this past week, but my kids wanted more!  You can download them by clicking on the pics. 
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dana! I'd love to join the super third grade
    teachers! I am in NYC teaching 3 rd grade and would love to share and borrow some ideas!
    teachingfashionista.blogspot.com
    I am following here is this where I'm supposed to be? lol just started my blog last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following, Melissa! You're in the right place! I checked out your blog and it's FAB! I love how you mesh teaching and fashion. :)

    I'm not one of the admins for this blog (just an author/contributor), but I would contact the admins (on the upper right of the blog) and go from there. Collaboration is what I'm all about! Work smarter, not harder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see your post here, Dana:) Looking forward to reading your future posts! Thanks again for sharing your great Buddy Building sheets, they are fabulous. Happy Sunday.
    Tina
    Good Morning Mrs Rubie

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips