Thursday, August 18, 2011

Breakfast Anyone?!

How do you know if your students want breakfast each morning?  I'm not a fan of hugging a clipboard for 30 minutes each morning and greeting each student with "Good morning, _______ !  Do you want breakfast?"  That's just not my style.  I've always used the following method:

Students come in, unpack, and then "move their name" if they want breakfast. 

My old school had two breakfast choices, but my new school only has one (unless a student has a medical/religious reason to eat something different).  By 8:40-8:45 each morning, I look at the names and can quickly take note of who wants breakfast.  Then I send the checklist off with my two breakfast helpers and viola!  A less stressful breakfast!  :) 

Click the collage to snag the cards I use. 



Here's a pic of how I use them.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips